October 13, 2011

October 13

I really love collecting illustrations from my friends & certain illustrators I've discovered thanks to Etsy, but when it comes to big things to hang on the walls, I prefer photography. Luckily I know some incredibly talented photographers, one of them being one of my favorite people on earth, and so I have amassed a nice collection of large things hanging around the house. I'm finding in myself that I am more interested in photographs that possess a dreamy quality, mostly landscapes and seascapes, since my heart and mind are always venturing somewhere far away from where I am.
A while ago I found Debbie Carlos's website via, yet again, Etsy, and became somewhat enchanted by how blunt her images are. I purchased her Great Land postcard set a couple weeks ago to get my hands on an affordable bit of her art that I can also share with friends. The more I look at her giant cloud and fog posters though, the more drawn to them I am.


Mountain Fog


Pink Clouds

I believe Anabela & Geoff who create Fieldguided put it best recently by calling photos like this "milky pix." I don't think my aesthetic quite falls into milky, but I describe them to my friends as dreamy and ethereal.


Clouds

Now I wish it wasn't rainy and blustery outside, because I want to climb to the top of Vista House in the Gorge and take some photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment