May 13, 2011

Finland & Sweden

My itchy feet just can't stay put here in Oregon. An old friend is moving to Helsinki at the end of June, the other night suggesting I take a look at tickets over there since I've been dreaming about a summer birthday in Scandinavia. Turns out it's much cheaper to fly into Finland than Sweden, so: July 22 - August 6 I'll be scampering around like a wild woman in The North! The Northern Lights, the daylight from 5am to 11pm, the beautiful design, the adorably dressed people... it's going to be such an incredible experience, made even better by staying with a friend. This is also the first trip I'll be taking along in the last two and a half years, which is very exciting. All I'm planning on is arming myself with about 700 cameras (okay, four), working out every single day before I leave to shed these pounds I've been aching to lose (Finnish & Swedish clothing shopping incentive!), and watching these hilarious "Learn Finnish with Sulkasiipi" videos 'til I have a modest grasp on the language.

I've been scouring Flickr for some pretty scenes to look forward to. If anyone has any suggestions on great places to check out, please, please share!







1.baritoni 2. mick_finn 3. let ideas compete

No comments:

Post a Comment