November 2, 2011

Ólafur Arnalds

Earlier today I came across an Icelandic musician named Ólafur Arnalds, who writes the most beautiful music. His friends play with him on some of my favorite instruments, cello, violin, and viola. I trained in classical music on the viola from ages eight to eighteen, and have continued playing since then. My entire life I've wished to be in a musical group like this one, playing delicate sounds that transport people to a place that is filled with comfort, and intrigues their hearts. Classical music is highly underrated in my age group I think (20s), but it gives me chills every time I play it or listen to a famous prelude. This song literally stopped me in my tracks as I was working around the house. Visit his website here if you're interested in hearing more.



The funniest part of all this was finding this video on Vimeo ages ago, and saving it as "that one beautiful music video", and accidentally deleting the link. Of course it would come full circle and find its way back into my life. There really are no words for this other than stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment