May 25, 2011

Since I'm pretty fond of collections other people keep, I thought it'd make the most sense to share some of mine. There are three curiosity cabinets around the house, eagerly waiting to be filled up more & more, but this process takes time. Most of the items here have been moved around for years and years.


(Clockwise from top left: Jasper Cone found in Mexico, 100+ year old sand dollar found antiquing in Oregon, Horn shell found along the Pacific Coast, - I don't know what kind of shell this is! - , shark's tooth found on Oak Island, North Carolina, Common Littleneck Clam shell found in Mexico)


(Clockwise from top left: Geode half from Oregon, Azurite from Mexico, Quartz cluster from eastern Oregon, Pyrite cube, Jade with pyrite from New Mexico)



This last image has two of my favorite antique finds: a full, perfect spool of teal thread from 1884 (100 years older than I am!) and a full box of bobby pins from 1920. Such beautiful details.

No comments:

Post a Comment